Twitter has 328 million monthly active users and 100 million daily active users.
It is indeed a great marketing platform for small to large business brands. It is time that brands engaged in some twitter marketing.
You can build your brand on twitter by providing information to customers about new product releases, how to use products, customer service and much more.
Having too many Twitter users is making it tough for engagement with customers since there are millions of users and attracting them to engage with your brand can be quite a task.
What is Twitter engagement?
Twitter engagement in simple words is the total interactions received for each tweet.
Engagement is the most popular word used in social media marketing. ItÔÇÖs a way to see how the interactions can be increased on social media.
Twitter engagement can happen in the form of retweets, likes, follow, link clicks, profile clicks, replies and @mentions.
Any of the above means, that someone has seen your post in the first place.
Is Twitter engagement important?
Twitter engagement is an important factor that determines the success of your business.
Twitter engagement in the first place helps you to know your customers, their likes and preferences. Your products get feedback in the form of tweets and responses that help you to improve and serve your customers better.
Your positive Twitter engagement will build loyal customers in the long run. All this added together gives you more customer base and higher sales.
ItÔÇÖs not just talking with your users that will bring engagement. Knowing their interests, engaging with them on continuous basis, providing information and building connect with users will take your brandÔÇÖs presence to great heights.
Building your Twitter followers and engaging with Twitter audience will take time and efforts.
Here are a 7 smart ways in which you can increase Twitter engagement
How to Increase Twitter Engagement?
1. Pay Attention to UsersÔÇÖ Content
ÔÇ£Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide you.ÔÇØ says Matt Goulart, Digital marketing executive of big brands.
Engagement starts with you.
If you are looking to increase twitter engagement, then you should first reach out to your users by showing interest in the content that they post. Invest your time to pay attention to your users, make them feel important and cared for. It will surely get the users to be more interested towards your brands and posts.
2. Find Users Favourite Time
ÔÇ£Timing is importantÔÇØ, says Jakob Nielsen, the king of usability.
Twitter has its favourite time when followers are active, which means your engagement can be high if you catch your followers at this hour.
Research shows that 12-3 pm EST is a good time to tweet, which reaches apex at 5 pm, which coincides with the evening commute.
3 pm EST on Wednesday is the optimum posting time for twitter.
If you intention is to get maximum retweets, then target 3 pm and 5-6 pm EST.
Weekends tend to have higher participation for some niches like travel and entertainment.
3. Provide Business Value To Each Tweet
Brands are investing heavily on social media. Creating and sharing content is no more an option, it has become a game changing strategy.
Business brands cannot just post anything without giving it a through thought.
Each Tweet should have a value.
Brands should add value to each tweet by offering some information, humor, how-do-it lists, quotes and quick tutorials.
Continuously you need to churn content and find the best that has value in the eyes of your users.
4. Traceability with Hashtags
Posts with hashtags are 33% more likely to get retweets than ordinary ones.
The hashtag concept originally started on Twitter to categorize content and search related content quickly with the help of a keyword and a pound sign.
Hashtags are your search lights used to find content in the ocean called Twitter. It is an excellent way used by the users to search a popular post, tag people, place, photos and trends.
With a hashtag, it is possible to see the related tweets even if you are not following a particular account. This will help brands to engage with twitter users and attract audience which might be interested in their brand.
5. Share Great Pictures
Image with Tweets generate 5 times more engagement than text.
Sharing images that is worth reweeting will definitely skyrocket your Twitter engagement. Visual content tends to catch the eye of a reader who is quickly scrolling down the twitter feed.
Images not just help to convey important messages, but are a great way to capture the attention of the readers, thereby increasing Twitter engagement.
Research shows that users retweet and reply to tweets 2x more when the tweet has impressive images.
Remember to add images that show people, as people tend to connect better with fellow human beings.
6. Impressive Videos
4x as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.
Do you need any more reason to have videos as part of greater twitter engagement strategy?
While images outdo the text content, videos certainly outperform the images to get higher Twitter engagement. Videos create greater impact by conveying clear message, thereby attracting greater response.
TwitterÔÇÖs live video is as simple as the touch of a button. It has made it easy for the marketers and the content producers to reach audience which would not have been possible without the live videos. Marketers can take advantage of the live video by streaming their brand events that will increase twitter engagement.
Research has shown that twitter users love to watch videos, and more so on a mobile device.
Take charge. Create more videos which are a powerful medium to share stories, drive emotion and increase Twitter engagement.
7. Mention Big Names
Mentioning big names of your industry is one such feature that can help you increase Twitter engagement. Mention allows you to link a person, picture, video or your status to any other users or a brand. It will alert the users about the brand or the person that has been mentioned in their post.
@Mention helps you to reach out to their followers and thereby increases the reach of your post. One big advantage of big name mentions, is that the big brand might just retweet or share your post thereby making it visible to their large followers.
Customers and fans might @mention your brand when they share your content on twitter. Getting a mention of your Tweets will bring more visibility to your account more there by getting more followers.
Tools to Increase Twitter engagement
While you can do a lot of these actions by yourself, leveraging the power of Twitter needs to be combined with tools that offers features to help grow twitter engagement for your business. There are many such tools available and searching the best tool for your business can be a daunting task.
Here are 5 such tools that help you to increase engagement on Twitter.
- Twitter Analytics is an excellent way to tailor the content to meet the interest of the audience. It gives you complete details about the demographics of your followers such as the interest, location, devices, lifestyle and age, and much more that will be of prime importance to design your Twitter engagement.
- Cloohawk is a smart social media assistant that connects you with real followers. Cloohawk helps you to identify the most relevant posts that is of interest to your audience and schedules the posts to get maximum audience attention. It is very useful to identify the trending stories that will be of prime interest to your audience. When these are shared to the audience, it will gain engagement.
- Agorapulse: Simple & Affordable Social Media Management is a twitter engagement tool that can be used to monitor the tweets and mentions from a single screen. It has features that can schedule posts and repeat scheduled posts. The tasks can be easily assigned to team members who can take over the monitoring and assignment. Its feature of replying to tweets used templates that can be used for the simple and repetitive queries.
- Hootsuite: Social Media Marketing & Management Dashboard is a popular tool that helps to drive more Twitter engagement from your audience. With a single dashboard, you can interact with your audience by replying, commenting and messaging from any region in the world. This tool listens closely to your potential audience, identifies influencers and makes a list of audience that could be interested in your content. It also takes up the task of responding to common questions or requests coming from customers by having a pre-approved response.
- ManageFlitter - Work faster & smarter with Twitter is a free tool that can make your twitter profile smarter. Its powerpost feature will enable you to easily schedule your posts to gain maximum visibility. It can also search through 300 million twitter accounts and suggest relevant accounts for you based on their interest, location, gender and age.
Having a Twitter profile and posting random content is just not enough. You should produce engaging content that grabs the eyeballs of twitter audience.
All that counts on Twitter is the engagement.
There are several actions that you can perform to increase twitter engagement. Posting content that interests your audience, posting visuals such as images and videos, using hashtags and @mentions are some of the powerful ways of improving twitter engagement.
But imagine yourself doing all this manually along with managing the business. It can be hard to concentrate on business while managing twitter followers. The twitter engagement tools will assist the social media manager to engage with followers thereby increasing Twitter engagement.
Increasing Twitter engagement can make or break your business. Please share your experience of how have increased Twitter engagement?